Sunday, February 20

My Uncles

I'm a lucky girl.

I have a great dad!!! He is pretty much the finest man I know (he's on the far right!).

He's the oldest...then came along my Uncle Bob.

I'm a bit like him...he has a camera attached to him all the time as well. (Note the camera hidden in the picture). He has tons of pictures of my brother and me. Sound familiar!?!?!? I would believe that my niece and nephew would say the same about me! My uncle Bob is quiet, but has quite the wit. I am always tickled by the mischievousness that comes out when you least expect it from him. I enjoy watching him with all the younger great nieces and nephews. It makes me remember how he was with my brother and me when we were little. Yep - I love my Uncle Bob.

Then came Uncle Jack.

Well, I'm probably a bit like him too...he has a camera attached to himself as well (note the camera isn't far from him either!!!). I'm not sure what it is about some of us...but we like our pictures. My Uncle Jack makes me laugh. I wasn't able to spend as much time with Uncle Jack when I was growing up as they didn't live near us. Now as we have gotten older we get to spend more time with them in a year...and I just love spending time with him at our reunions. He has a soft heart. He loves his family. He has a twinkle in his eye. Yes, I love my Uncle Jack too!

Then came Uncle Jim...the 'baby' in the family.

I wanted to be like my Uncle Jim...a banker. The main reason why I went into accounting. I go to my Uncle Jim alot for advice. I trust that advice. He is who he is - regardless if he had a dollar in his pocket or a million dollars in an account...he would still be who he is. He has a great sense of humor as well and I know I can count on him to be there for me. He's like the big brother I never had. He takes my advice sometimes too - note the white socks, hee hee. I love my Uncle Jim alot as well.

I'm just a lucky girl. These men are great men and they are MY uncles ... and my dad! They had a great example for a father, who I miss every day. They had a great mom that loved them.

Yep - I am a very, very fortunate niece to have such good, honest and wonderful men that I can call uncles...and dad.

0 comments:

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates